Celtic Could Sell Moussa Dembele In January – Ian McGarry

Transfer Window Podcast guest Ian McGarry feels Celtic could considering selling Moussa Dembele during the winter transfer window. The France Under-21 international has been a huge success for the Scottish champions since joining them on a free transfer from Fulham last year.

In a report covered by The Star, McGarry admits that the Hoops could consider Dembele’s sale in the New Year with the Frenchman not having the best of seasons in the Scottish Premiership. Dembele has struggled with niggles since the start of the campaign, and he has managed just 18 appearances, approaching the halfway stage of the campaign.

A number of clubs including West Ham United and Everton were seemingly prepared to offer £20m for Dembele in the summer, but McGarry feels they could now be put off with the Hoops said to demand a fee of at least £27-28m for his proposed sale. He said: “Moussa Dembele – I know from information and is convinced Celtic will sell in January if they can. The reason for that is Dembele is not the same hot property he was this time last year or indeed six months ago when clubs were offering in excess of £20m and there was a queue.

“I think that’s because the player himself has suffered some minor injuries and his form and goals have tailed off a bit and I think Celtic are making a business decision to market the player in this January window in the hope they can get around the £26-£27m I’m told they are asking for. I don’t think there will be any takers at that cost yet.”

Despite the speculation, Dembele has remained relatively mum over the situation, and he will be setting his sights on a European challenge next year, with the Hoops facing a stiff challenge against Zenit St Petersburg in the Europa League round of 32. Brendan Rodgers’ side reached the stage via a third-place finish in the Champions League, and they will be determined to make some progress in the competition with the first-leg due to be played at Parkhead in mid-February.

BEES HELD AFTER CARLISLE EQUALISER

Barnet once more got themselves into a winning position only to be denied three points by conceding a late goal in a 1-1 draw against Carlisle United at Brunton Park.

An individual effort by Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro had given the Bees an early lead only for Carlisle to level with an equally spectacular strike by Shaun Miller in the 85th minute.
Read more

Antonio Conte Pleased with Alvaro Morata’s Impact

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte claims that striker Alvaro Morata is now coming into the philosophy of the blues.


The Spaniard has had an excellent start to his life at West London after managing to score 2 goals and create three for his teammates in the opening three matches. Morata scored in the debut match against Burnley after coming on as a substitute, although the game finished as a disappointing opening day defeat. However, he came up with the second goal in the match against Everton while also providing a crucial assist for the opener from Cesc Fabregas.

Morata was signed from Real Madrid for a whopping £ 70 million and the player had the tough job of replacing our top goal scorer like Diego Costa in the Chelsea first-team. Costa has been one of the top players in the Premier league ever since his £ 32 million move from Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2014. He has fallen out with the club only due to his brash behaviour. Morata had to replace the goals scored by the Brazilian, but it already looks like the 24-year-old will be on his way to glory come the end of the season. Read more

Zimbabwe wants to win the Cosafa Cup

Zimbabwe coach Sunday MarimoChidzambwa has stated that he wants to win the Cosafa Cup next year.


He said that he has already won the competition twice as a coach and that it would be a great thing to win it again with Zimbabwe.

In an unusual turn of events, Zimbabwe currently has three coaches to manage the team. One of the them looks after the team for the Nations Cup while another one takes charge of the team for the CHAN campaign. So Sunday MarimoChidzambwa is the one that manages the team for the Cosafa Cup.

He said that his objective is to win the competition with Zimbabwe and he feels that he has the necessary players to achieve this. He said that he does not care about the formation of players and the likes as the other coach take care of this aspect. For Sunday MarimoChidzambwa his only job is to build a team that can go all the way to the final of the Cosafa Cup and wins the tournament. Read more

CREWE ALEX DEFENDER AGREES NEW DEAL

Crewe Alexandra defender Perry Ng has agreed fresh terms with the club, according to reports. Ng signed to remain for an extra year with the League Two outfit.


The youngster’s deal was set to lapse but he has extended for another 12 months with an option to stay for another year if he reaches a certain number of games.

Ng is a grad of the club’s academy. He featured in 20 games for the senior team this term. He played in central midfield as the season moved to a halt.

The manager David Artell said he was to offer Danny Hollands a deal as well but the 31-year old player favoured a switch to non-league Eastleigh. The Hampshire-based club managed to convince the player to drop a level. Hollands, a former Portsmouth star, reportedly consented to the move despite the club finishing 15th in the National League.

Hollands joined from Portsmouth on a free deal last year. He played in 29 games before he picked up a serious hamstring injury. His deal with Eastleigh is believed to be a two-year deal with an option of extending. Read more

Diaby back on the pitch

Former Arsenal midfielder AbouDiaby has recovered from yet another injury setback to get back on the pitch for his new club Marseille.


The French international has not played for Marseille ever since the game against Guingamp in August.

Indeed the midfielder suffered an injury to his ankle that caused him to be unavailable for 7 months as he had to have surgery on his ankle.

However, it is not sure when he will be back in the main team as he is yet to recover his form. Marseille’s manager Rudi Garcia said that he is happy for Diaby to be back in the group but that he is not close to feature in the first team. He said that the player has missed too many months of football and that it will take time for him to work his way back to full fitness. Read more